Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Top 10

I was talking with my sister the other day about how I bought a Costco value pack of sanitary napkins a while back and with my body being forced into meda-pause after my Oophorectomy/Salpingectomy, I don't know what to do with them. Do you give them away? Throw them away? Save them for when your friend or house guest needs one? My sister, also being BRCA1 positive and has gone through the surgery, starts to tell me how she still uses them to take off nail polish or as a gauze pad.  I thought she was kidding and got a chuckle out of it but she assured me of how useful they can be. Love you Sister!
So there the list was born-
Top 10 uses of Sanitary Napkins after a Oophorectomy/Salpingectomy:

1. Nail polish removal pads-(especially for hard to remove polish)
2. Bandage -(won't stick to the wound)
3. Nursing Pads-(for your nursing friends I suppose)
4. Soaking up spills
5. Cleaning
6. Slippers-(sure to stick to your feet)
7. Insols
8. Shoulder pads-(if and when that style comes back...)
9. Emergency diaper for baby
10. Emergency diaper for yourself...

No- I wasn't the first to think of such a concept.  I stumbled across this video (if you haven't had enough).

http://youtu.be/BnhbrdIewPk

3 comments:

  1. Love you too! Honestly, they are better than cotton balls for nail polish removing!! =)
    ~ Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! Hysterical. My son got into mine a few years back when he was a wee lad and came down the stairs with them stuck all over his body. He said he was Buzz Lightyear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about under your armpits to absorb excessive sweating??

    ReplyDelete