Thursday, April 11, 2013

Tata Tata's

It is the eve of my surgery. Tomorrow I will be having a double mastectomy with reconstruction. It's been an interesting journey since I found out about being positive for the brca mutation. So much research, processing, and reflection. Many tests, doctor appointments, finding the right surgeons and methods-so many details and decisions. And then there is the preparation for post operation-it certainly takes a whole village. So here I am only 7 hours before I have to be at the hospital and I'm feeling strangely calm. Maybe it's all the prayers and good vibes being sent my way or maybe its being so mentally prepared and sure of my decision. It's probably a bit a both... 
Sigh...I'm good, feeling strong and ready. Let's do this! Tata Tata's!

9 comments:

  1. OOOOOOdles of strength and quick recovery energy flooding your way. We love you and are a quick phone call away for whatever's needed. XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU GOT THIS! TATA!!
    See you Sunday! I'm bringing a variety of fajita type stuff. non spicy. spicy. beef, chicken, beans. I tell you no one will be without food they can eat. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and sending you warm hugs and lots of energy for today & the coming days. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you. Let me know if you need anything. I'm nearby!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you lots of prayers and positive vibes for success and a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am friends with Jo; I read your blog as she posts updates on FB. I am amazed at the strength of all the women in your family. Good luck to you tomorrow, and always.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to hear of your situation so late but I feel good people come out ahead in the end. I look forward to your posts and comments on facebook so get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for you to have a quick recovery Sharon! Sending prayers your way. The Premo women are strong women!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will pray for you sharon that all turns out o.k. for you" you have a great attitude and they say that is a huge part in fighting this disease. Boobs are only cosmetic what is you" comes from the inside and from what I can tell by your posts you are a veryyyyyyy special person!

    ReplyDelete